This topic describes how to log in to an Episerver website, access features and navigate the different views. The login procedure may be different from what is described here, depending on how your website and infrastructure are set up.
As an editor or administrator, you usually log in to your website using a specified URL, a login button or link. Enter your user name and password in the Episerver login dialog box, and click Log In.
What you are allowed to do after logging in depends on your implementation and your access rights, since these control the options you see. When logged in, the Episerver quick access menu appears in the upper right corner.
The menu displays a product switcher which opens a product selector area. From the product selector area, you can open products and systems integrated with your website. Select CMS (for example) to display available options in the submenu.
Your menu options vary depending on your access rights. These user guide examples assume that the user has full permissions to all functions in Episerver.
- The User interface and Roles and tasks topics describe the different parts of the user interface and the Episerver user roles.
- Creating content describes how to create content with images, blocks, links, and forms.
- Managing content describes how you can translate, preview, and compare content. It also describes how you can structure the website by moving, copying, and sorting pages and so on in the page tree.
- For publishing and collaboration, see Working with versions and Controlling the publishing process.
- Administration interface to administer and configure settings in Episerver.
- If you have Episerver Commerce installed, see the Commerce
sectionto work with e-commerce tasks.
- If you have Episerver Search & Navigation installed, see the Episerver Search & Navigation
sectionto work with search optimization.