In this topic
Transactional mails are sent automatically as a result of actions or events. There are two scenarios for transactional mails.
- API mails. Result from an API call, such as placing an order from the online shop. For this type of transactional mail, you need an HTTP API or SOAP API.
- Episerver Campaign mails. Used in a Marketing Automation campaign. While editing the Send message nodeAn item that determines when a recipient passes through the campaign, and the actions that are executed for the recipient. With the help of "connections", you can link nodes to specify the process of your campaign. The arrow at the end of each connection always points to the next node and the associated action., select the appropriate transactional mail in the Marketing Automation tool for creating automated, multilevel campaigns. function.
When started, transactional mails remain in Sending status. Transactional mails are sent in real-time via the high-performance Episerver Campaign transaction API.
To open the overview, go to start menu > Campaigns > Transactional mails. The mails appear in the top half of the window.
Selecting a media type
You can select the following media types for transactional mails, each of which are sent via different channels. The delivery channel must be compatible with recipient list type.
|Delivery channel||Delivers||Required recipient list type|
|Mail or multiple list|
|message via post (letter or postcard)||Print or multiple list|
|Fax||fax||Fax or multiple list|
|SMS||SMS||SMS or multiple list|
The Transactional mail overview displays the status of each transactional mail.
- New. Fully configured but not started.
- Incomplete. ElementsOne component of a campaign. As examples, recipients and email are elements. Nodes are used to transfer elements through the sequence of actions that occur when a campaign is activated. are missing or necessary parameters are not defined. Complete the configuration then start the transactional mail.
- Sending. Active and sending mails.
- Canceled. Sending was canceled and cannot be restarted.
Transactional mail actions
Use the following buttons to perform the actions for transactional mails.
Note: Some actions are not available for new or incomplete transactional mails.
- Create. Create a new transactional mail. See Creating and editing campaigns.
- Copy. Select a transactional mail and click Copy. Elements (recipients, target groupsA subset of recipients defined by rules and conditions and a logic relationship between them. For example, all recipients in the United Kingdom., messages, and so on) are applied.
- Edit. Select a transactional mail and click Edit. See Creating and editing campaigns.
- Delete. Select a transactional mail and click Delete. You can delete only new or incomplete transactional mails.
- Start. Select a transactional mail and click Start. Confirm the start by clicking Start mailing.
- Copy to client. If this feature is enabled, you can copy transactional mails to other clients. Recipient lists and target groups are not transferred to the target client.
- The registered user has permission to create mailings in the target client.
- The target clients have the same template used in the transactional mail that you want to copy.
- To copy a transactional mail to other clients, in the campaign overview, select the transactional mail you want to copy. The Copy to client button is activated.
- Click Copy to client. The Copy campaign to client window opens.
- In the Campaign area, in the New campaign name in the target client field, enter the name for the copy of the transactional mail in the target client.
- In the Target clients area, check the box next to the client to which you want to copy the transactional mail.
Tip: To select all available target clients, check the box in the menu bar.
- Click Copy. When the copy process completes, Copy process completed is displayed.
- Click Close.
- Analysis. Select an active transactional mail (in Sending status) and click Analysis to check how many mails were already sent via an ongoing transactional mail. You can also see additional parameters such as opens, clicks, bounces, or unsubscribers.
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Please tell us more!
Send an email to our authors to leave your feedback so that we can improve the information.
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.