The content interface paragraph imports product data, such as offer texts and product images, from your e-commerce system into the Template Kit. Whether Episerver Campaign,
To learn about importing Episerver Campaign data, see Importing and exporting a catalog.
The technical implementation supports the open XMLA key performance indicator that collects data through a Web Service API from any external data source, such as Episerver Commerce and partner-developed applications. standard and CSVStands for "comma-separated values"; tabular data in a plain text file separated by the comma character. file format – many data sources support both formats.
Export product data from your data source and let Episerver Campaign process it. In the Template Kit, create a new content interface paragraph with individual items, then import your current product offering with just a few mouse clicks.
Your data source can handle product data either by:
- saving it as static XML files on your webspace or server
- your server generating dynamic XML files when queried
- saving product data as a CSV file on the server (both manually or automatically)
The content interface paragraph is related to the Product paragraph with a content interface. However, the content interface paragraph is more flexible as it supports both CSV and XML formats. You can use both file formats together. To learn which solution is better for you, contact customer support.
Static and dynamic content
The content interface paragraph supports static and dynamic content.
- Static content. Product data is loaded when you create the mailing. The data can then be edited. If you integrate static content, all recipients receive the same content.
- Dynamic content. The content is loaded when the message is being sent. You cannot edit content in advance. However, you can send different product recommendations to each recipient. For more information, see Dynamic CSV and XML articles.
You can use static content with dynamic content in the same mailing. Customer support can advise you about combining content types.
Four paragraph types
There are four paragraph types. Only types enabled in your clientThe working environment of Episerver Campaign. A client is a stand-alone and closed system that serves to organize your mailings. Campaign users can use one or more clients for your scenario. appear in the Template Kit.
- Static CSV article
- Static XML article
- Dynamic CSV article
- Dynamic XML article
Setting up the content interface paragraph
To set up the content interface paragraph, contact customer support and provide the following information:
- XML or CSV, or XML and CSV together: Which format do you want for product data?
- XML. In which directory on your webspace or server will you store product data? That directory must allow HTTP requests. If the directory is only accessible with authentication, disable it. You can restrict access to product data to specific IP addresses.
- CSV. What will you call the CSV file to which your product catalog is saved? If you update the product catalog later, you must save that version of the CSV under the name given when setting up the content interface.
- Static content, dynamic content or a combination of both content types: Do you want to send the same content or customized product recommendations to your recipients?
After setup, the content interface paragraph type is available in the Template Kit.