This topic is for administrators and developers with administration access rights in intelliAd.
This topic describes the intelliAd integration with Episerver Campaign that lets you evaluate and optimize email campaigns together with other online channels. In addition to the email channel, intelliAd can analyze search engine marketing, affiliate marketing and price search engines. Clicks from newsletters are tracked and assigned to an email channel, and displayed in the campaign overview.
The integration uses link masking to redirect links in a tracked mailing via the intelliAd server. The masked links are automatically generated and include multiple parameters enabling them to be assigned to a specific client. You generate an ID string in intelliAd and enter it in the intelliAd tab when creating the mailing. When clicking a masked link, the recipient will first be redirected to the intelliAd tracking server (without noticing). The tracking server analyzes the parameters included in the extension and saves them in the database. The recipient is then redirected to the actual target page.
Setting up the integration
You need an intelliAd account but the integration does not require any direct data exchange between Episerver Campaign and intelliAd. In Episerver Campaign, intelliAd is integrated into the mailing creation process.
These parameters are added to each mailing link:
- intelliAdcustomerId. Identifies the intelliAd customer.
- marktId. Identifies Episerver Campaign as the source of the link.
- channelId. Identifies the marketing channel, usually email or newsletter, for mailing links.
- campaignId. Identifies a campaign in intelliAd. Multiple channels can be combined into a single campaign.
This ID does not belong to a Marketing Automation campaign in Episerver Campaign.
- adGroupId. Identifies an AdGroup.
- subId. Generated from the mailing ID and the subject of the mailing.
When creating a mailing, enter the ID string in the intelliAd tab in your intelliAd account. The ID string consists of six blocks of numbers using this format:
Each block of numbers encodes one of the link parameters specified above with the exception of the subId parameter, which is generated from Episerver Campaign. The intelliAd tracking is activated when an ID string is saved for a mailing. Links in the mailing are created when the email is delivered, using this format :
http://t23.intelliad.de/index.php ?redirect=http://www.beispiel.de/shop/products/raincoat-blue &cl=12345 &bm=100 &bmcl=123 &cp=111 &ag=222 &subid=12345|FirstNewsletter|ProductLink
The redirect parameter includes the original URL and is URL-encoded. In this example, breaks are added and encoding is omitted for readability reasons.
Links without tracking
By default, the following links are not tracked via intelliAd.
- Link to the online version
- Unsubscribe link
- double opt-inA practice in which a recipient consents to receiving email from the sender before any promotional email is sent. Recipients receive an email with a double opt-in link, which they must click to confirm their interest. link
- Links to landing pages
- SWYN links
Analyzing intelliAd performance
Sign in to intelliAd and select the channel optivo broadmail in the dashboard. The timeline displays clicks in the selected channel, and you can filter results according to the criteria you defined.