This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Episerver.
Set the access rights for the following functions, which are found in the admin view under Config > Security > Permissions for functions.
- Detailed error messages for troubleshooting provides selected groups or users access to detailed error messages. In System Settings, you can activate a function that provides visitors with a form to fill in whenever a technical error occurs on the website. By changing the access rights here, you can specify who should receive these forms.
- Allow the user to act as a web service user lets a user call one of the web services provided by Episerver. This function is used only for system integration purposes.
- Allow users to move data/pages between page providers lets selected users or groups move pages between page providers. This is used for websites with a custom page provider integrated with another system. Because data is deleted in the source provider, you may want to limit access to this function.
Adding/Changing permissions to a function for a group or user
- In admin view, go to Config > Security > Permissions for functions and select Edit for the function you want to modify. Existing groups or users with access appear.
- Select Add Users/Groups if you want to give users or groups access to this function. The groups and persons in the system appear in the window that opens.
- Double-click the name to add the group or user.
- Select OK. The group or user appears in the list with its check box selected.
- Click Save.
Deleting permissions to a function for a group or user
- In admin view, go to Config > Security > Permissions for functions and select Edit for the function you want to modify. Existing groups or users with access appear in a list.
- Clear the check box of the group or user for which you want to remove access.
- Click Save.
For information about working with access rights, see Access rights.