Search optimization increases the chances of attracting visitors to your website, keeping them there, and getting them to complete an action, such as registering or shopping. Episerver Find bases search functionality on visitor search behavior and website statistics. Using this information, you can add automatic landing pages, adaptive navigation and guided search to increase website traffic and boost conversion rates.
This section shows "search administrators", such as editors and Episerver site administrators, how to set up and use Find. The documentation also tells developers how to configure and set up search features.
With Episerver Find, you can develop customized functionality, such as filtering and faceted navigation, based on content properties, such as price or color. Find is based on an index service and interfaces, which can be cloud-based or installed on-premises. Find supports multiple languages.
Episerver Find indexes any type of website object, not only web pages. As soon as authors publish content, Find pushes data to the search engine, making new or updated content available in near real-time.
Features in Find "standard"
- View and analyze search statistics for your websites, and use the statistics to optimize search.
- Explore the site index to see what has been indexed and when, and use this information to customize search features.
- Promote selected content (best bets), and manage search phrases without hits.
- Add related queries to guide visitors in their search for specific content.
- Define synonyms for similar search phrases.
- Weight content properties to boost search results as desired.
Episerver Find Connections Edition lets you add connectors, which index external content that is related to but not part of your website. For purchasing information about the Connections Edition, see http://www.episerver.com/Hosting/order-episerver-find/. To learn how to use it, see Adding connectors.
See the Getting started section for information about logging in, accessing features and working with the Episerver user interface.
Episerver Find's user interface provides onscreen documentation. To access it, click Show Help in the upper right corner.