In this topic
A gadget is a small application or add-on that can be made available for easy access from the dashboard or the assets and navigation panes in Episerver. There are built-in gadgets both for the Episerver platform and product-specific ones, for example, gadgets for forms viewing, visitor groups statistics, version management and the product catalog, if you have Commerce installed. Developers can also develop custom gadgets to extend the features of your Episerver solution.
Gadgets are managed in a similar fashion both on the dashboard and in the panes in edit view. Click the Settings icon to access the gadget management options.
Select Add Gadgets, and select a gadget to add from the list of available gadgets.
Select Rearrange Gadgets, select a gadget, and drag it to the desired position on the dashboard or in a pane.
Select Rearrange Gadgets, and click the Remove gadget symbol next to the gadget you want to remove from the dashboard or pane.
- External links provides an overview of the external links of your website.
- Forms viewer lets you monitor the activity for a specific web form.
- Notes lets you add colorful “post it” notes to your dashboard.
- RSS feed reader shows the latest feeds from an RSS source of your choice.
- Visitor groups statistics is used to monitor visitor groups viewing personalized content.
See dashboard gadgets to edit the configuration settings for dashboard gadgets.
- Archived Tests is used to view archived A/B tests. See A/B testing.
- Blocks is used to access blocks (default in the assets pane).
- Media is used to access media files (default in the assets pane).
- Forms is used to access forms (default in the assets pane if the Episerver Forms add-on is installed).
- Forms Elements displays the forms elements that can be used when creating a form (only available if the Episerver Forms add-on is installed).
- Project Items is used to view items belonging to a project. You can multi-select and mark items as Ready to Publish from this gadget.
- Sites displays the page tree for the website.
- Recent displays items you have viewed during your current browser session.
- Tasks displays tasks to be done on the website. This gadget lets you filter items on status. You can, for example, see a list of all items set as Ready to Publish.
- Recently changed displays recently changed content on the website.
- Versions is used to manage content versions. See Working with versions to work with versions.
Some gadgets are available by default in the user interface, while others need to be added manually.
Episerver Commerce comes with a set of e-commerce-specific gadgets.
Many add-ons are made available in the user interface as gadgets to extend the capabilities within various areas of Episerver.
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Please tell us more!
Send an email to our authors to leave your feedback so that we can improve the information.
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.