This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Episerver.
You can extend the metadata of catalogCommerce: a top-level container for catalog entries such as categories, products, and variants (SKUs). items and order forms. For example, if you create a meta-class called Wine, add meta-fields that are characteristic for wine, such as color, taste, vintage, and maturity.
Default order meta-fields that are used by the ordering process are built into the system and are not available from the administration interface. However, you can add your own meta-fields to extend the attributes of your orders.
- Navigate to Administration > Order System > Meta Classes. The Meta Classes page appears.
- Select Create New > New Meta Class and fill in the fields.
- Name. Enter the name of the meta-class used in your code, this cannot have any spaces.
- Friendly Name. Enter the name of the meta-class displayed for practical use in Order Management.
- Description. Enter a description of the meta-class.
- Object Type. Select Order Group, Order Form, Shipment, LineItem, Order Group Address, or Order Form Payment.
- Select OK. The newly created meta-class appears in the Type drop-down list.
If you select the meta-class, you see available meta-fields listed but with none selected.
- Go to Administration > Order System > Meta Fields. The Meta Fields page appears.
- Select New Meta Field. The Meta Field edit page appears.
You can also select Create New > New Meta Field on the Meta Classes page.
- Enter Meta Fields details.
- Name. Enter a system name without spaces or special characters (such as NumberMegapixels).
- Friendly Name. Enter a user-friendly name seen by end-users on the back and front-end (such as Number of Megapixels).
- Description. Enter information about the meta-field.
- Type. The drop-down list shows the following field types.
- Short String
- Long String
- Long Html String
- String Dictionary
- Image File
- Dictionary (single and multiple line dictionary type option selector)
Supports Multiple Languages. Select if the meta-field can appear in two or more languages.
Use in comparing. Select to compare items (only works if you have compare functionality on the front-end site).
- Allow Null Values. Allows a null value for this field.
- Search Properties. Depending on the data field type selected, you may have the option to set the search properties of the data field. The options are:
- Allow search. Select the box to permit searching on this meta-field.
- Enable Sorting Search Results. Select the box to enable sorting of search results on this meta-field.
- Include Values in Search Results. Select the box to include the original value of this meta-field in the search results.
- Tokenize. Select the box to prepare individual words (word breaking) in a long productCommerce: various forms of merchandise that you can display and purchase from the public site, including products, variations/SKUs, bundles, and packages. Also known as a catalog entry. description property.
- Include in the Default Search. Select the box to tokenize and combine meta-field values for search from the front-end site.
- Select OK. The newly added meta-fields are listed in the meta-fields list.
If newly created meta-fields are not immediately visible, go to the next page or set the Page Size to display more entries.
- Go to Administration > Order System > Meta Classes. The Meta Classes page appears.
- Select Element > Catalog Entry.
- Select the desired meta-class from the Type drop-down list. The Name, Friendly Name, and Description fields are populated with default values.
Apply a meta-field to a meta-class by selecting the check box next to the meta-field. If you want to sort the order of the meta-fields in the catalog entry, enter a number into the Sort field.
- Click OK.
In this topic
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Please tell us more!
Send an email to our authors to leave your feedback so that we can improve the information.
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.