In this topic
Content can be pages or blocks in Episerver CMS, or catalog entries in Episerver Commerce. This topic describes creating types of content in Episerver.
You create a page from page types that contain the properties where information is added.
- In the page tree structure, select the page under which you want to add the new page.
- Select New Page from the context menu or the add button on the toolbar.
- Select a page type from the list of available page types, and provide a name for the page.
- Add information in the various properties available for editing, such as the rich-text editor if this is part of the selected page type.
- Preview the page before sending it for approval or publishing it.
You create a block in a similar fashion as a page.
- Select Create new block from the Blocks tab in the assets pane, or from the add button on the toolbar, in which case you are prompted to define a location for the new block.
- Select a block type from the list of available blocks.
- Provide a name for the block.
- Add information for the block.
You can also create a block directly from content areas in pages.
Note: If you add a block directly from the content area, it is saved in the For this page folder, which means that it is available only on the selected page and cannot be used on other pages.
On an e-commerce website, content can be catalog entries such as products and variants if you have Episerver Commerce installed. The creation of this type of content is similar to the creation of pages and blocks in CMS. See Managing content in the Commerce
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Please tell us more!
Send an email to our authors to leave your feedback so that we can improve the information.
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.