To summarize the steps to create a campaign in Smart Campaigns:
- Drag elements to the desktop.
- Create links among elements.
- Enter parameters for each element (such as: recipient list, target group name, optimization parameters for A/B tests, and message content).
- Start the campaign.
The rest of this section fills in the details of this process.
- Go to start menuMain screen in Episerver Campaign, where the available options are grouped together. > Campaigns > Smart Campaigns.
- Click Create. The Select campaign draft window opens.
- In the Draft drop-down list:
- To create a new campaign, click ---Empty draft--- then Apply.
- To edit an existing draft, select one from the drop-down list and click Apply.
- Drag the campaign elementsOne component of a campaign. As examples, recipients and email are elements. Nodes are used to transfer elements through the sequence of actions that occur when a campaign is activated. (nodes) from the left action area to the working area on the right.
For details, see Smart Campaign nodes and elements.
- Click Save or Save and close.
- In the dialog box, enter a name for the campaign and click Save.
If you neglect to insert elements or parameters, a notification appears. To save the campaign anyway and complete the missing details later, click Force save, or Keep editing and complete the missing details. The new campaign is displayed in the Smart Campaigns overview.
Editing a campaign
To edit an existing campaign, select the required campaign from the list in the Campaigns window and click Edit. Proceed as described from step 4 in the Create campaign section.
When you create or edit a Smart CampaignsEpiserver feature for sending out one-shot-campaigns, such as a monthly newsletter., a draft version is saved periodically. If the campaign is closed unintentionally, you can retrieve the latest version. To do that, click Create and select the draft from the Select campaign draft window.
Drafts are saved with the date and time. You can use the timestamp to find even unnamed campaigns that have not been manually saved.
The campaign modules for Smart CampaignsEpiserver feature for sending out one-shot-campaigns, such as a monthly newsletter. are called nodesCampaign: Item that determines when a recipient passes through the campaign, and the actions that are executed for the recipient. With the help of "connections", you can link nodes to specify the process of your campaign. The arrow at the end of each connection always points to the next node and the associated action., and they appear in the left action area. To insert desired nodes into a campaign, drag and drop them onto the desktop.
A campaign node must connect other nodes. Editing options for nodes and connections include:
- Insert. Drag and drop a node to the working area.
- Connect. Click the node and draw a connection to the target node. Each node has connection points at the right, left, upper, and lower side and in the middle.
- Delete. Hover over the item and click . Alternatively, select the item and press [Del].
- Properties. Hover over the item and click . Alternatively, double click the item.
- Undo (CTRL + Z) . Revoke the last action. Every additional click revokes another action.
- Redo (CTRL + Y). Restore previously-revoked action. Every additional click restores another action.
- Cut (CTRL + X). Cut out selected items and temporarily copy them to the clipboard.
- Copy (CTRL + C). Copy selected items to the clipboard.
- Paste (CTRL + V). Insert elements you previously cut out or copied.
- Zoom in. Zoom in the working area. Each click magnifies the working area to the next zoom level.
- Zoom out. Zoom out the working area. Each click reduces the working area to the next zoom level.
- Actual size. Restore original view.
- Fit on screen (Show all). Display all items in the working area.
- Minimap. Navigate a campaign by dragging the yellow rectangle in the left action area to the place you want to go to. To zoom in or out of the working area using the minimap, click and drag the bottom right corner of the yellow rectangle either to the left (zoom in) or right (zoom out).