Episerver Campaign supports preconfigured interfaces for most web analysis products. Functionality and tracking data aggregation options vary between tools. Data transfer is usually bi-directional, so that mailing, recipient, and tracking data is available in both Episerver Campaign and the web analysis software. The raw data Episerver Campaign receives from the web analysis software is available in the Target Groups, Marketing Automation, and Deep Analytics modules.
Log in to the client interface of the web analysis software to set up and configure the integration. Customer support sets up the integration for your Episerver Campaign client.
Web analysis systems
|Integrations||Adobe Analytics||econda||etracker||Google Analytics||intelliAd||Webtrekk|
|Abandoned shopping carts||✓||✓||✓||✘||✘||✓|
* Remarketing campaigns support only bi-directional integrations.
** User-defined segments are configured once at the initial integration setup, and submitted with each data transfer to Episerver Campaign.
Web analytics software tracks any website visitor action, from entry to the exit point. Actions are aggregated to get click paths, segments or funnels. Additional actions, such as viewed or purchased products and abandoned carts, are enriched with product data (ID, price, category, number of purchased items and so on). Finally, this data is correlated with a recipient in your Episerver Campaign client. This can be done in two ways:
- The entry point is a click on a link in a mailing. The email address of the recipient is known and is associated with every action the recipient carries out (Post-click trackingTracking method that measures and analyzes the click path that site users follow after clicking a link in an email.). Until the recipient leaves the website, actions are associated with this email address.
- The customer logs in or registers with an email address. Actions are tracked and stored with a temporary ID. If the visitor uses an email address to log in or register, you can associate these actions with the email address retroactively (user event tracking). If the visitor's browser accepts cookies, you can store and associate actions even if the visitor leaves the current session and returns later.
Use web analysis software to trigger automated campaigns where a mailing is sent to a recipient based on criteria matching:
- Remarketing. Recipients that viewed a certain product or have put it in the shopping cart receive a mailing with recommendations for similar products. This can be combined with a coupon code for these products.
- Cross and upselling. Customers who have ordered a certain product receive an order confirmation with complementary products.
- Reactivation. Inactive customers receive an incentive mailing with recommendations according to their customer history. These can be combined with a coupon code valid for a limited time.
Integrate a web analysis software into regular mailings to increase relevance for recipients:
- Recommendations based on recipient history. Generate product recommendations that take into account previous purchases, as recipients pay more attention to personalized offerings with products of interest. Mailings with personalized recommendations have a higher conversion rate than other mailings.
- Recommendations based on products from same price segment. Analyze the preferred price range for a recipient, and send product recommendations from the same price segment, to increase conversion rate.
In this topic
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Please tell us more!
Send an email to our authors to leave your feedback so that we can improve the information.
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.