Comments facilitate collaboration between editors of a project. You can add comments on a project or on specific project items or actions, add information about changes you have made, ask other editors to review the item and so on. Other editors can view your comments and reply to them, and also add their own. You can also tag users in a comment.
A comment is only connected to the current version. As soon as a new version of the project item is created, the comment connected to the previous version disappears.
If another user has tagged you, made a comment on one of your actions or replied to one of your comments, you are notified in the user interface. The bell icon in the toolbar displays the number of new notifications you have. Click the icon to display a list of notifications. From the notification list, you can go to the project overview to read the comment.
If you go to the project overview to read a comment, the project is automatically activated. If you do not want to continue working in the project, you have to deactivate it.
If your system is configured to use email notifications, you receive an email when someone else replies to one of your comments or replies, or if you have set a project item to Ready to Publish and someone else comments on this action. You also are notified if someone tags you in a comment. How often these notifications are sent depends on the system configuration.
Adding a comment to a project or project item
- To add a comment to:
- a project, select the Project Comments tab in the project overview.
- a project item, select Show comments in the Items tab of the project overview and then a project item. Items that already have comments have a comment icon .
- Add a comment in the comment text box.
You need access rights to the item to view and post comments.
- To tag another user, enter @ followed by the user name. Select the user from the displayed list of suggested users. The tagged user receives an email notification and a notification in the user interface when logging in. You can tag any of the available users but the tagged user still needs access rights to the project item to see the actual comment.
- Press Enter or click Post.
Replying to a comment
Click Reply on the comment you want to reply to and enter your comment in the text box. Press Enter or click Post.
Editing a comment or reply
You can edit comments and replies that you have created yourself. Click Edit on the comment or reply you want to change. Press Enter or click Save. Edited comments or replies are marked with a pen symbol .
Deleting a comment or reply
You cannot delete comments or replies yet.