Note: Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation is an add-on for the Episerver Digital Experience platform. It requires a specific installation and license, contact your system administrator to find out more. See Episerver World for technical information.
To use the Episerver Forms connectors, you must first install Connect for Campaign, or one or more of the Marketing Automation connectors, and then the Episerver Forms connector. See Configuring the MAI connector in the Episerver Forms Developer Guide.
Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation lets marketers automate marketing activities based on the behavior of website visitors. Marketers can manage an online presence and deliver timely, relevant content to a target audience across channels and devices by combining Web Content Management (WCMWeb Content Management; system and procedures for managing online content.) with marketing automation. Marketers can create mobile campaigns, landing pages, and target groups of people for email notifications.
Marketing automation tracks website visitor behavior and collects profile data. For example, when a visitor submits a form, (created with Episerver Forms perhaps to receive a newsletter subscription), the form data is automatically stored in Episerver Campaign or your connector database. You can use that data for marketing actions, such as welcoming a new customer, engaging in cross-selling, rewarding your best customers, or following up on recent purchases. You can connect form fields with the connector's or Episerver Campaign's database by using the Episerver Forms Marketing Automation connector.
Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation provides the following functionality:
- Collect profile information when a visitor submits a form on a website. You can map form fields to the Marketing Automation connectors using Episerver forms.
To connect a Marketing Automation connector to Episerver forms, see the connector documentation in the following list.
- Episerver Connect for Campaign
- Episerver Eloqua connector
- Episerver ExactTarget connector
- Episerver HubSpot connector
- Episerver Marketo connector
- Episerver Microsoft Dynamics CRM connector
- Episerver Pardot connector
- Episerver Salesforce connector
- Episerver Silverpop connector
- Sample Connector. For developers, Episerver provides code to write your own connector. This information is on the Episerver World site.
- You can have multiple instances of the same connector. For example, if you have marketing teams in separate regions, you can have more than one Salesforce connector such as Salesforce - Europe, Salesforce - US, and Salesforce - APAC.
- Build business rules with the scoring model and program information to deliver targeted content to visitor groupsSite visitors with something in common, such as age, geographic location, and so on. Used in the personalization feature of Episerver CMS. (See Personalizing Content.); see Visitor groups. The following links show videos about personalizing content with some of the marketing automation connectors:
- Integrate web tracking to Episerver’s personalization engine; see Create visitor groups for forms.
- Send behavioral data to the database (based tracking scripts and website visitor actions) where you can set up scoring models and programs with ranking rules and categorizing potential prospects and leads.
- Update behavioral data with progressive profiling and lead scoring that indicates where potential prospects are in the sales funnel.
Note: System administrators should be aware of the Fetch data from Marketing Connectors scheduled job. It improves the performance of Marketing Automation connectors by fetching and caching databases and lists (wherever applicable) upon site initialization.
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thanks for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Send an email to our authors to leave your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.