Creating system users and assigning access rights (roles) to work with CMS and Commerce is done from the CMS admin view, see Access rights for Commerce. The procedure described here relates to website visitors and shopping customers.
The following procedure creates a contactCommerce: An individual with personalized information (name, address, email, and so on), created when a user on the front-end registers to make a purchase. You also can manually create a contact account from the back-end, assign the contact to organizations or organization units, and assign permissions based on role. with an account accountCommerce: A user account that you create with a contact, to which you can assign roles and access privileges in Commerce Manager. An account is automatically created with "Everyone" and "Registered" permissions when a user registers from a public website that lets a customer log in before checkout..
- In Commerce Manager > Customer Management, click New Contact on the Contact List page. The Contact Edit page appears where you can enter information about the contact.
- Enter information about the contact.
- Full Name. Required. Enter the contact's full name.
- First Name. Required. Enter the contact's first name.
- Middle Name. Optional. Enter the contact middle name.
- Last Name. Required. Enter the contact's last name.
- Email. Required. Enter the contact's email address.
- Parent Organization. Optional. Select a parent organization to which the contact is assigned .
- Customer Group. Optional. Select a customer group to which the contact is assigned. You can add customer groups by editing the Customer group dictionaries. Customer groups are useful for targeted Marketing campaigns.
- Preferred Currency. Optional. Select a currency for the contact. For example, if the contact is in France, select the Euro currency. You set available currency options in Administration > System Settings > Dictionaries > Currencies.
- Preferred Language. Optional. Select a language for the contact. You set available languages in Administration > System Settings > Dictionaries > Languages.
- Preferred Shipping Address. Automatic; related to company accounts.
- Preferred Billing Address. Automatic; related to company accounts.
- Registration Source. Optional. Enter notes about the contact (such as which website the contact is currently registered under).
The Registration Source field is automatically filled when a user creates a new account from the public website.
- Click OK to save the contact. The Contact Information form is displayed. To display the Contacts List, click Contacts or Cancel.
You can enter additional information for the contact, view order history, and add notes for both orders and the contact. You can customize the form using Business foundation.
A customer account is automatically created for a customer who registers from the front-end public website, allowing them to log in and view personalized information. To manually create an account, continue with the procedure.
- Click Create account on the Contact Info page. The Create Account dialog appears.
- Enter data in the Create account dialog.
- User Name. Required. Enter a name that may include spaces and special characters.
- Password. Required. Enter a password for the account.
- Description. Optional. Add information about the contact account.
- Email. Enter the contact's email address.
- Approved. Click Yes to enable. Click No to keep the account inactive and inaccessible by the contact.
- Click OK to create the account. User account information appears under the Account section of the Contact Information form.
- Is Locked out. Last time a user was locked out due to too many failed log in attempts.
- Last Activity. Last time the user logged in or made any changes to the site.
- Last Login. Last time the user logged into his or her account.
- Last Password Changed. Last time the user account password changed.