Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation is an add-on and requires a separate installation, as it is not included by default in an Episerver installation. See Episerver World for installation and configuration details.
Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation lets marketers automate marketing activities based on the behavior of website visitors. Marketers can manage an online presence and deliver timely, relevant content to a target audience across channels and devices by combining Web Content Management (WCMWeb Content Management; system and procedures for managing online content.) with marketing automation.
Marketing automation tracks website visitor behavior and collects profile data. For example, a visitor who submits a form to receive a newsletter subscription provides Web form information that you can use for marketing actions, such as welcoming a new customer, engaging in cross-selling, rewarding your best customers, or following up on recent purchases.
Marketers can create mobile campaigns, landing pages, and target groups of people for email notifications.
Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation provides the following functionality:
- Collect profile information when a visitor submits a form on a website. You can map form fields to one of the DXHThe Episerver Digital Experience Hub (DXH), part of the Digital Experience Cloud service, provides a set of pre-built connectors to leading marketing automation and analytics platforms. connectors using legacy forms or block-based forms.
To connect a DXH connector to block-based forms, see Setting up the Forms MAI connector to a DXH connector database. You can use only one DXH connector product at a time.
- Build business rules with the scoring model and program information to deliver targeted content to visitor groupSite visitors with something in common, such as age, geographic location, and so on. Used in the personalization feature of Episerver CMS. (See Personalizing Content.)s; see Visitor groups and Personalizing content. The following links show videos about personalizing content with some DXH connectors:
- Create personalized newsletters in email marketing, and also personalization of content using dynamic content; see Adding dynamic content. Silverpop integration provides an email template.
- Send behavioral data to the database (based tracking scripts and website visitor actions) where you can set up scoring models and programs with ranking rules and categorizing potential prospects and leads.
- Update behavioral data with progressive profiling and lead scoring that indicates where potential prospects are in the sales funnel.