Episerver Live Monitor is an add-on and requires a separate installation, as it is not included by default in an Episerver installation. The Live Monitor add-on requires no additional license. See Episerver World for installation and configuration details.
Episerver Live Monitor displays real-time animations of traffic on a website, so you can analyze the traffic to adapt your response.
After you install the add-onA plug-in or module, developed by Episerver or its partners, to extend the capabilities of Episerver. Add-ons are available from the Episerver Add-on Store inside Episerver., run Live Monitor in the Getting started. It has the following properties.
- Website structure. Click the circles to see how many visitors are currently viewing a certain page of the website. Double click a node (page) to see activity on the subpages.
- Highways. An arrow that shows how visitors choose to navigate your website and indicates how many visitors have chosen a particular route on the website. You can view the tracks for an entire site by viewing the global highway, or narrow your focus to a certain part of the website.
- Real-time visitor information. When someone visits your website, Episerver uses the visitor's IP address to assign a unique number in a rotating ball icon until the visitor is removed from the list of Online visitors and placed in the History section (default 5 minutes). You can view visitor details in the visitors information pane.
- Online. Shows the referral URL, pages visited, and host information of current visitors. For each active visitor, the current page is displayed. When a visitor is static on the website for 2 minutes (default), the visitor is removed from the list of active visitors to the History section (default 5 minutes).
- History. Shows the referral URL, pages visited, and host information of visitors that are no longer current. The historical data shows when the visitor ended his or her most recent activity, taken from the computer’s built-in time and date.
The following information is calculated and displayed in the lower right corner of the overview:
- Hits/hour. The number of clicks per hour to pages on the website.
- Clients/hour. The number of individual visitors per hour to the website.
A global highway displays all the tracks navigated by visitors over a certain amount of time, and displays the most frequently visited pages on the website. A to-or-from highway displays from which page a visitor came, and to which page a visitor went.
- To view a global highway, click Global in the lower part of the Live Monitor screen. Click Off to hide the global highway.
- To view a to-or-from highway, click a page, then click From Page to display from where a visitor came, or click To Page to display where a visitor went. Click Off to hide the highways.
You can set the following options:
- Language. Select an available language in which content is monitored. The default is the first enabled language.
- Tree - Preloaded Levels. Select the level to which the content tree should expand on first load. Default is 3.
- Expand Visitors Panel. Select whether the visitors pane is expanded on first load. Default is No.
- Theme. Select a visual theme for the user interface. Default is Flat Light.
- Animation. Select how to animate the visitors around a node. Default is Simple.
To reset all of the default values, click Reset Settings.