An expressionCommerce: Customizable conditions that let users extend the marketing system. Promotions, customer segments, and policies rely on expressions. For example, to set a promotion of 40% off Item X, use Catalog ID for Item X and Reward of 40%. is a condition that lets users extend the marketing system. An expression is XML statements that create custom promotions, customer segments and policies. For example, if you want to set up a promotion to get 40% off Item X, the expression or condition includes Catalog ID for Item X and Reward of 40%.
Only advanced Episerver Commerce users with knowledge of XML should create expressions.
- Go to Marketing > Expressions > Promotions/Segment/Policy. The Expressions List page appears.
- Click New Expression. The Expression Edit page appears.
- Expression Name. Enter a name for the expression, such as EntryCustomDiscount.
- Description. Enter the reason for the expression.
- Expression XML. Add the XML code for the expression.
- Category. Select Promotion, Segment, or Policy to apply the expression to the respective folders.
- Click OK . The following image shows a completed expression.