While customers create the majority of orders on the front-end in an online store, you may sometimes need to manually create an order from Commerce Manager.
You can create orders from within Order Management or directly for a Contact in Customer Management. The order management option is the fastest and most common way, providing more order alternatives. The Customer Management system, while a bit slower, lets you to double-check a customer's information before beginning an order.
When you create an order, it appears in the Purchase Orders list with an order status of In Progress.
- Go to Order Management > Purchase Orders.
- Click New Order. A dialog box appears.
- Select the Site and Customer to which the new order applies. Select Customer > More if your customer is not listed.
- Click OK. The basic order information appears.
- Fill out the purchase order and click Apply.
- Customer. Enter the name of the contact.
- Currency. Select the currency to associate with the purchase orderCommerce: An order that has been registered and paid for. Typically, it has an associated purchase order number..
- Coupon. If applicable, apply a coupon code that was created with a promotionCommerce: A way to apply a discount to products, order totals, or shipping; a marketing tool used to increase sales of certain products or product lines. A promotion is associated with a campaign. to associate with the purchase order.
- Click New Item to add items from the site catalogCommerce: a top-level container for catalog entries such as categories, products, and variants (SKUs). to the purchase order. A dialog box appears so you can select items from a site catalog.
- Search for items by entering search terms into the search field and clicking Find. To sort search results, select the column header.
Use the following fields to refine search results.
- Select catalog. Select which catalog to search.
- Select language. Select a language (such as German for items described in German).
- Select entry type. Select a type of entry, such as variantCommerce: a variant or SKU corresponds to a specific product with specific characteristics. For example, a product line of shirts has individual variations/SKUs that include size, color, and collar size./SKUCommerce: Stock Keeping Unit; corresponds to a purchasable product with specific characteristics. For example, a product line of shirts has individual variations/SKUs for sleeve size, color, and collar size. or bundleCommerce: a collection of variations and SKUs that let customers purchase two or more items at once..
- Select an item from the list and click Configure Selected Entry. The New Line Item dialog appears. —Image: configuring an entry—
- Display Price. The price displayed on the public website. This is set at the catalog-entry level.
- Price. The actual cost of the item that is charged when the item is added to the order.
- Quantity. Set how many of the item to add to the order.
- Discount. You can apply a discountCommerce: A deduction applied to an online purchase, typically implemented as part of a marketing campaign. The discount might apply to items, shipping costs, the total order amount and so on. to the item, either value or percentage based.
If you are using the new Discount system, discounts that you manually add to an order are included in the total discount calculations, and are listed under the order's Promotions as Manual.
- Total. The total is calculated, factoring in the actual price, quantity, and any discounts.
- Click Add item to the order. The item appears on the Purchase Order form.
- Enter a Billing and a Shipping Address. You can select the contact's existing address.
- Select Add to customer's address book if you want to save the address with the contact.
- If the Shipping Address is the same as the Billing Address, click Same as Billing Address. The Shipping Address form is populated with the Billing Address information.
- Select the order's Shipping Method. Select Recalculate to generate and display the cost summary.
- Click OK to save the order.
Creating an order within a contact
- Go to Customer Management > Contacts. Select a contact. Its details appear.
- Click New Order. The New Order dialog box appears.
- Select the site where you want to apply the order and click OK. The Purchase Order New form appears, prompting you to enter order information.
- Follow the steps in Creating an order from order list to complete the order.