Episerver Forms requires no additional license. See Episerver World for details about installation and configuration.
Forms are a key element of many websites to collect information to provide a better user experience. Some examples of forms are Contact us, Sign up for our newsletter, Sign up for an event, and Apply for a job. You can create forms using either the built-in forms feature in Episerver, or the block-based add-on described here.
The block-based approach to web forms has the following advantages:
- Re-use. You can re-use blocks with existing content to create new forms.
- Customized rendering. You can customize rendering of forms and form elements because you can customize rendering of blocks, including renderings for display channels, personalization, multi-language, and permissions.
See Creating a form for examples of forms you can create. The basic steps to create a form are as follows:
- From an Asset pane folder's context menu, select New Form and give the form container a name, such as Survey, or Job application.
- Drag form elements into the form container.
- Modify and publish each element in the form container.
- When all elements are published and the form is ready, publish the form. It is ready to use on a page (like any other block).
- Drag the published form block onto a page and publish the page. The form appears on the page ready for input.
You can see available forms when you select the Forms tab on the Assets pane. You can have forms in any Forms folder. Each form provides access to it submitted form data which you can export for further processing.
If Forms was installed, but you do not see the Forms tab, select Settings > Add Gadget. The Gadgets dialog box appears. Select Forms and Form Elements to add them to your Assets pane.
The Marketing Automation Integration (MAI) connector lets you connect Episerver form fields to a Digital Experience Hub (DXHThe Episerver Digital Experience Hub (DXH), part of the Digital Experience Cloud service, provides a set of pre-built connectors to leading marketing automation and analytics platforms.) connector database. DXH connectors are Eloqua, ExactTarget, HubSpot, Marketo, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Pardot, Salesforce, and SilverPop.